Resources for Audience: Parents
A List Of Resources and Tools To Help Your Initiative Be Successful
- Locking Your Home
- Tells you what you need to know before buying locks for your house.
- Securing the Future for Safer Youth and Communities
- A full-text publication that informs adults about the effectiveness of crime prevention in creating safe communities for youth
- Caregivers' Guide to School Safety and Security
- This document offers children's caregivers ways to promote and foster socially appropriate behaviors and positive relationships. The booklet discusses issues children face at school, a caregiver's role in a child's life, and how caregivers can engage local businesses and the community to help make schools safe for children.
- Neighborhood Watch Needs You
- Neighborhood Watch is coming to your community, and we need you to get involved! The program embraces and strengthens many things we're already doing, such as watching out for each other's homes or working together to solve problems. But Neighborhood Watch brings along the power of organization and the ability to focus energy and resources.
- Reality of Gangs
- A reproducible brochure about the dangers and risks that gangs pose to their members and communities
- Conversación con su Adolescente Sobre las Pandillas
- Free, helpful resource in Spanish
- Topics in Crime Prevention: Working With Older Americans
- Full-text publication
- Lunch Money
- This cartoon strip highlights the issue of parents identifying and reacting to student bullying.
- Where Does She Get It?
- A cartoon strip dealing with setting a good attitude example for children