Queen Bees & Wannabes
Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World by Rosalind Wiseman
Rosalind Wiseman has spent more than a decade working with and listening to girls of every background talk about the powerful way in which their friendships influence their lives— including their choice of music and clothes, how they express anger, their boundaries with boys and their relationships with parents.
In this groundbreaking book, Wiseman decodes the language of Girl World and explores:
- The different roles girls play in and outside of cliques as Queen Bees, Targets, and Bystanders, and how this defines how they and others are treated
- Girls’ power plays--from the unexplained silent treatment to birthday invitations
- How the experiences of early adolescence impact girls’ future relationships and success
- Where boys fit into the equation of girl conflicts and how the “rules” of Boy World are equally constraining
- Checking your baggage—recognizing how your experiences impact the way you parent, and how to be sanely involved in your daughter’s difficult, yet common social conflicts
Revised and updated with a special chapter for parents of younger girls, insights on how technology has impacted Girl World, and infused with new opinions and experiences of girls, boys, and parents, Queen Bees and Wannabes offers concrete strategies to help you empower your daughter to be socially competent and treat herself with dignity.
Download the Podcast.
Purchase Rosalind's book Queen Bees & Wannabes from these booksellers:
ROSALIND WISEMAN is an internationally-recognized author and educator on children, teens, parenting, bullying, social justice, and ethical leadership. For more information visit www.rosalindwiseman.com.