Training for New Law Enforcement Officers and Crime Prevention Practitioners
NCPC HAS A PROVEN RECORD OF HELPING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIME PREVENTION PRACTITIONERS “TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME®.”
NATIONAL TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CENTER FREE WEBINAR SERIES
Hosted by the National Crime Prevention Council
- Working With Parents on Gang and Gun Violence Prevention Webinar, Presenter: Chuck Sczuroski. Watch here.
- Burglary Suppression and Target Hardening Webinar, Presenter: Det. Sgt. Ronald Tidler, retired. Watch here.
Neighborhood Watch and Citizen Corps, watch here.
- What is a Crime Prevention
Officer Worth? podcast interview with Patrick D. Harris
- Crime Prevention Strategies in
Pakistan podcast interview with Patrick D. Harris
- Crime Prevention Resources by Robert Douglas, Executive Director, Kentucky Crime Prevention Coalition
- Crime Prevention podcast series on Neighborhood Watch by Tami Wyrick, executive director of the Virginia Crime Prevention Association
Basic Crime Prevention Skills Workshop in Dallas,TX
Thanks to all who attended our Crime Prevention - Basic Skills Training Workshop. During Representative Eric Johnson's August Town Hall meeting
Click here to read more!
TRAINING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR NEW LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS AND PRACTITIONERS
As part of the Recovery Act, police departments across the country were given funds to hire new police officers. In response to this, the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC), in partnership with the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), will provide training and technical assistance to newly hired law enforcement officers and crime prevention practitioners. Our goal is to provide officers and practitioners with skill-based training, tools, and resources to assist you in executing your jobs effectively, which, in turn, keeps your communities safe.
NCPC has a team of consultants, retired and seasoned law enforcement officers, nationally recognized content experts, and skilled trainers located nationwide, who are ready to help you build your skills and increase your knowledge in various crime prevention topics. If you want FREE quality training and resources in the following areas, NCPC’s National Training and Technical Assistance Center is the place for you.
- Basic crime prevention
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Campus crime prevention and school safety
- Gang violence prevention
WHATEVER YOUR NEED IN CRIME PREVENTION, NCPC CAN PROVIDE FOR YOU! WE WILL
- Exhibit and provide workshops at national and state crime prevention association conferences
- Develop a tool kit filled with resources and tools to address your safety and crime prevention needs
- Conduct skill-based trainings in areas such as CPTED, gang violence prevention, and campus crime prevention
- Host webinars to address the most pressing crime challenges and emerging trends
- Hold regional conferences in basic crime prevention
- Produce fact sheets and podcast interviews from experts in the field on promising practices
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What type of training will I receive?
NCPC plans to conduct regional basic crime prevention training as well as skill-based training in the areas of gang violence prevention, campus crime prevention and school safety, and crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED).
Will I have access to resources?
Yes, NCPC has a plethora of information already developed for your use. In addition, NCPC will develop fact sheets and a CD ROM tool kit, plus make available podcast interviews and webinars that address prevalent crime issues.
What else does NCPC offer?
NCPC offers an abundance of tools and resources for law enforcement and practitioners:
- NCPC’s website, www.ncpc.org, has downloadable brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and other information.
- We have an extensive network of partners, including our National Crime Prevention Association membership. If you take the training and become a member, your first year of membership is FREE!
- You will have access to PSAs and print materials in English and Spanish – all can be localized for your community.
REQUEST TRAINING INFORMATION TODAY!
If you are interested in attending a training or setting one up in your area, please contact us.