23rd Annual Sinclair College Safety Awareness Expo
Over 60 area police departments, law enforcement agencies, safety-related organizations and Sinclair clubs and organizations will be featuring interactive displays.
|City, State:||Dayton, OH|
|Children, College or university student, staff, or faculty, Local elected officials, Local government agency officials (other than public safety), Local news media, Members of civic organizations, Parents, Representatives of public safety agencies besides law enforcement (fire, emergency services, emergency planning/management), Senior citizens|
The Sinclair Community College Police Department is hosting its 23rd Annual Safety Awareness Expo and SCC Club Day on Wednesday, September 29. The Expo is co-sponsored by the Miami Valley Crime Prevention Association.
The day’s activities will be held on the Sinclair plaza outside Building 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and include:
· Over 60 area police departments, law enforcement agencies, safety-related organizations and Sinclair clubs and organizations will be featuring interactive displays.
· RESERVED FOR MEDIA PLAYER INFO.
· The Sinclair Police Academy will feature a variety of rappelling exercises from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
· The Miami Valley Crime Prevention Association 2010 Community Awards will be presented to ???? at Noon. MVCPA officers, College administrators and McGruff, the crime dog will also participate and WDTN-TV News Anchor Mark Allan will serve as emcee.
· The plaza will be surrounded with a variety of police vehicles and specialty cars from participating departments, including the Ohio State Fire Marshall command center unit and the Dayton Police and Miami Township Motorcycle units.
· A variety of live demonstrations will feature child seat safety demonstrations by AAA Miami Valley.
· Confidential Material Destruction will be on hand to provide free shredding of personal documents in an effort to help combat identity theft.
· Aramark Foods will be hosting a Bratwurst Festival.
· Over 30 Sinclair clubs and organizations will be on hand to provide information and activities.
For additional information, contact Lt. Scott Fowler, Crime Prevention Specialist, at (937) 512-2173 or check the Safety Awareness Expo web site at http://www.sinclair.edu/about/offices/police/scasae/