Training & Events
Training & Events
Explore the trainings and technical assistance that NCPC offers.
The National Crime Prevention Council Launches Online Training Portal!
All of our courses earn NCPA Certification and you will earn 2.5 credits per course and Open Badges. Click here to join now!
The National Crime Prevention Council delivers training and technical assistance tailored to meet the needs of agencies, communities, and others engaged in crime prevention. Crime trends and effective prevention strategies are constantly evolving and leaders must have the tools to meet new challenges. Through its Training and Technical Assistance Department, NCPC brings together national experts and master trainers to ensure that optimal public safety strategies and reliable data are available to audiences and leaders engaged in creating safer and more caring communities.
Organize a Training in Your Area
NCPC works with communities to identify goals and design and deliver one-day or multiday training sessions. It also offers extended technical assistance and facilitates comprehensive community planning initiatives. Its models have been successful in cities across the United States from Seattle, WA, to Spartanburg, SC.
Browse our training topics to learn more about what we offer. If you are interested in attending a training or setting one up in your area, please contact us.
If you already know what training you would like to attend and want to register for it, please download our training registration form.
Upcoming Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design trainings
- Basic Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (Romeoville, IL, from Mar 24, 2015 08:00 AM to Mar 26, 2015 04:00 PM)
- Hosted by the Tri-River Police Training MTU 16 in Romeoville, IL, March 24-26, 2015, Register at www.tri-river.org
- CPTED Training (Owensboro, KY, from May 26, 2015 08:00 AM to May 28, 2015 04:00 PM)
- Hosted by the Owensboro Police Department. May 26-28, 2015. Early bird registration is $375 per person if registered by March 15! After that registration will be $400 per person. To register now or find out more about the training, please go to http://www.cvent.com/d/5rq82c/.
- Basic CPTED - NEW (Redmond, WA, from Apr 21, 2015 08:00 AM to Apr 23, 2015 04:00 PM)
- Hosted by the Redmond Police Department in Washington, April 21-23, 2015, Early Bird Special ends March 6 -- Register NOW!
Basic and Advanced Crime Prevention Trainings
Upcoming Basic and Advanced Crime Prevention trainings
- 24-Hour Basic Crime Prevention Course (West Chester, OH, from May 19, 2015 08:00 AM to May 21, 2015 05:30 PM)
- Hosted by the West Chester Police Department in West Chester, OH May 19-21, 2015
- FREE Advanced Crime Prevention Course in Wisconsin (Cedarburg, WI, from Apr 21, 2015 08:30 AM to Apr 23, 2015 05:00 PM)
- Hosted by the Wisconsin Crime Prevention Association from April 21-23, 2015 in Cedarburg, WI
- FREE Advanced Crime Prevention Course in Maryland (Sykesville, MD, from May 12, 2015 08:30 AM to May 14, 2015 05:00 PM)
- Hosted by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions and the Maryland Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention from May 12-14, 2015 in Sykesville, MD
- Free Advanced Crime Prevention Training (Columbia University Law School, New York, NY, from Mar 17, 2015 12:00 AM to Mar 19, 2015 12:00 AM)
- Hosted by Columbia University
- Advanced Crime Prevention training (Free) (Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield, MA, from Jun 02, 2015 12:00 AM to Jun 04, 2015 12:00 AM)
- Hosted by the Springfield Police Department in Massachusetts
Campus Crime Prevention Trainings
Upcoming Campus Crime Prevention Trainings
- Campus Crime Prevention Officer Training Course (Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX, from Aug 18, 2015 08:00 AM to Aug 20, 2015 04:00 PM)
- Hosted by Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX August 18-20, 2015
- Campus Crime Prevention Training (Des Moines, WA, from Sep 15, 2015 08:30 AM to Sep 17, 2015 05:00 PM)
- Hosted by Highline College, Des Moines, WA. Early Bird Special end June 30 Register NOW!
- Campus Training (St. Thomas Aquinas College, New York, NY, from May 19, 2015 12:00 AM to May 21, 2015 12:00 AM)
- Hosted by St. Thomas Aquinas College
Free Webinars and Podcasts
Click to watch
- Reducing Crime by Design Podcast. Listen here.
- Safe Fire Arms Storage Campaign Podcast. Listen here.
- Crime Prevention Legislation and Police Support podcast. Guest: Patrick D. Harris.
- Police and Campus Partnership in addressing Campus Safety podcast.
- Gangs in our Communities podcast. Guest Presenter: Lt. James Perez, Fairfield CT Police Department.
- Human Trafficking podcast interview with Major Arthur Martins, Pawtucket RI Police Department.
- Recognizing Gangs in our Communities Webinar. Watch here.
- Gangs on College Campuses and guest presenter is Tony Avendorph Webinar. Watch here.
- Taking Action: The Advocate's Role in Assisting Financial Fraud Victims - Presenter: Joshua Bailes, Staff Attorney, National Center for Victims of Crime. watch here.
- Gangs in our Communities Webinar. Guest Presenter: Lt. James Perez, Fairfield CT Police Department.
- Crime Analysis Webinar. Guest Presenter: Ashley Ranieri, part-time crime analysr for teh city of Kingston Police Department, NY.
- Working with Probation and Parole Webinar: An Overview of the American and Parole Association's(AAPA) Involvement with PSN. Guest Presenters: Adam K Matz and Mary Ann Mowatt, APPA
- Working With Parents on Gang and Gun Violence Prevention Webinar
- Burglary Suppression and Target Hardening Webinar
- Animal Cruelty and Interpersonal Violence: What's New? Webinar
- Foreign Gangs Webinar
- Justifying Your Crime Prevention Unit Webinar
For more information or to schedule a Webinar contact us.